Embedding ProntoForms in Enterprise Mobility Management Solutions
- What is Enterprise Mobility Management?
- ProntoForms and AppConfig
- ProntoForms and App Wrapping
- ProntoForms and SDK Embedding
ProntoForms works with Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions, allowing companies to securely integrate ProntoForms into their devices' work profiles. There are three ways to integrate ProntoForms with your EMM solution: AppConfig, AppConnect, and embedded APKs. Each has its own strengths and can be tailored to a company's needs.
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions include Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile App Management (MAM) to allow enterprise level customers to register and secure their work devices. Most EMM solutions allow:
- Device control: Whether you allow employees to bring their own devices (BYOD) or company-supplied, EMM solutions allow you to secure and track use of all devices.
- App Installation: Install a work suite of apps for daily use. Increase your standardization and ease of communication.
- Remote Support: Update firmware, apps, and more without requiring employees to turn in their devices.
AppConfig is a universal way of embedding an app in an EMM solution. It allows ProntoForms to be embedded into a package of tools to be installed in a secure, safe way on devices used for work or containing sensitive information.
ProntoForms is an AppConfig Member, working to allow for the use of the mobile app in a seamless and secure manner.
When using AppConfig, you can customize configuration options by:
- choosing what libraries to load or include in the app
- securely configuring app options by remote.
App Wrapping works similarly to AppConfig but is proprietary. Each EMM solution has its own version of App Wrapping, where an app is essentially placed in a secure box and packaged with others. As it is not universal, it varies from EMM solution to solution.
ProntoForms has been exploring App Wrapping with multiple companies providing EMM solutions.
All libraries are embedded when using App Wrapping.
Software Development Kits, or SDKs, are sets of tools used to create apps. When embedding an app in an EMM solution, the app developer links their app's SDK in with a group of other apps' SDKs, creating a whole package.