Documents control the format that form submissions can be read or viewed in. A number of different document types are available, ranging from PDF documents, to event invitations, to structured data formats for integration with your back office.
When a form submission is made, it can be downloaded in the format of any document that is linked to the form. Data Destinations can also send data to other services in these formats.
Note:You can’t attach documents to a Repeatable Destination A Repeatable Destination is a ProntoForms Data Destination that sends data from a Repeatable Section to a field-based, third-party system.. This prevents duplication of the same document across multiple records.
Multiple Documents Per Form
Forms can use multiple documents, each with a different appearance and format. Different data sets can be included in each document as well. This makes it possible for internal-use and customer-facing documents to be generated for a single form submission, for example.
Share Documents Across Forms
Create and customize one document, then use it with as many forms as you want.
Read more about creating and managing documents. Select a document type below to learn more about it.
Version 2 Forms
Visual and Printed Documents
- PDF, Word, and HTML Documents: Choose data from your form to include in a custom-formatted PDF, Word, or HTML Document.
- Custom Excel Document: Choose data from your form to include in a custom-formatted Excel document.
Structured Data Formats
- XML: Use data from your form to create an XML file with a customizable structure
- JSON: Use data from your form to create a JSON file.
- CSV: Choose which data to include in a customizable CSV file Comma-separated values (CSV) is a document type that an admin can create and link to forms. When a user submits the form, opening the CSV file displays the submission data in a spreadsheet format..
Note: This feature is available on the following tiers: Enterprise, Advanced.
- Custom Document Editor: Create a custom PDF using a number of formatting languages.
Template-Driven Text Documents
Note: This feature is available on the following tiers: Enterprise, Advanced
- DREL Documents: Use DREL to build a text file
- Freemarker Documents: Use the Freemarker templating language to build a text file.
Meetings and Contacts
These document formats are commonly used in mail, calendaring, and customer relationship management systems.