Data Destinations Overview
- Data Destination Types
Data Destinations control where data is sent when a form is submitted. Data is automatically routed to the chosen service in the format of your choice, making data sharing and storage an automated process.
Data Destinations can:
- Deliver information in structured data formats, such as XML and JSON.
- Route form submission data to cloud and enterprise services.
- Create and update records in field-based systems such as Salesforce and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Email user-friendly PDF or Word documents to customers.
- Send notifications through SMS or social media.
One data destination can be linked to any number of forms in the same FormSpace FormSpaces are where forms are stored and organized in the ProntoForms Web Portal. A ProntoForms Team may have multiple FormSpaces, depending on their needs. Admins can set FormSpace permissions to control which users have access to the forms in that FormSpace.. Multiple Data Destinations can also be linked to the same form, allowing your data to be delivered to a variety of locations simultaneously. Don't want your forms sent anywhere? You can still download them from the portal.
The following video shows you the basics of how to set up a Data Destination A Data Destination specifies where to send data from a submitted form. You can use Data Destinations to automate data sharing and storage, routing data to a specific service (such as email or cloud storage) in several different formats. using the example of a Box account.
Data Destinations that Require a Document
The following table describes the Data Destinations that support or require a document.
|Requires a Document||Can have a Document, but is not required||Not compatible with Documents|
|Microsoft SharePoint Server||Amazon Glacier||Amazon SNS|
|Salesforce Apex REST||Amazon S3||Google Sheets|
|WebDav (HTTP PUT)||Customer Feedback||QuickBooks|
|Dropbox||Microsoft SharePoint List|
|Google Drive||Zendesk Ticket|
|HTTP File Upload|
|Microsoft OneDrive for Business|
|Microsoft SharePoint Document Library|
|Salesforce (except Apex REST)|
Testing and Troubleshooting:
- Set up at least one problem contact email address to receive information on Data Destination problems (i.e., connection issues, FTP unavailable).
- If data fails to send (e.g. if your SFTP server is down), ProntoForms will retry the delivery of the data automatically.
- Read more about testing and troubleshooting Data Destinations.
- Email Data Destination: Send forms by email.
- FTP/Secure FTP (SFTP) Data Destination: Upload forms to an FTP or SFTP server.
- WebDav (HTTP PUT) Data Destination: Upload forms to your WebDAV-enabled wiki, content management system, or web server.
- HTTP File Upload Data Destination: Send forms to the file upload feature on your web server.
- HTTP Data Destination: Send forms to your web application.
- Dispatch Data Destination: Dispatch forms directly from a mobile device.
- Dropbox Data Destination: Upload forms to a Dropbox folder.
- Google Drive Data Destination: Upload forms to a Google Drive folder.
- Google Sheets Data Destination: Use forms to create or update a spreadsheet.
- Microsoft OneDrive Data Destination: Upload forms to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business Data Destination: Upload forms to a folder in a Microsoft OneDrive for Business account
- Microsoft SharePoint Document Library Data Destination: Send forms to your Microsoft SharePoint/Microsoft 365 Document Library folder.
- Box Data Destination: Upload forms to a Box folder.
- Twitter Data Destination: Update your company's Twitter status with your form data and metadata.
- Zendesk Ticket Data Destination: Use form data to create a Zendesk ticket.
- Amazon S3 Data Destination: Upload forms to an S3 bucket.
- Amazon Glacier Data Destination: Upload forms into an Amazon Glacier Vault.
- Amazon SNS Data Destination: Publish a notification of form submissions via Amazon SNS.
- SMS Data Destination: Send notifications of form submissions via SMS.
- ShareFile Data Destination: Upload forms to a ShareFile folder.
Currently, ProntoForms works on Salesforce API version 24, except for the Custom Object destination, which is up to version 42.
- Salesforce Lead Data Destination: Create or update a lead in Salesforce.
- Salesforce Account Data Destination: Create or update an account in Salesforce.
- Salesforce Contact Data Destination: Create or update a contact in Salesforce.
- Salesforce Case Data Destination: Create or update a case in Salesforce.
- Salesforce Custom Object Data Destination: Create or update a custom object record in Salesforce.
- Apex REST Data Destination: Customize what happens in Salesforce with an Apex script.
- ServiceNow Table Data Destination: Create or update records in tables.